Friday, February 02, 2007

Stuff

My sister Ali got me thinking that I need to start writing on my blog again. I've been doing a lot of preparation for weaving but alas...no actually weaving has gotten accomplished! I have both looms warped however...I will get to the Schacht when I figure out what I would like to use for a weft....and to the AVL when I can get a computer to run the darn thing!

In other crafty news, I have started knitting a VERY cute cardigan for "mini"...below is a picture of what I hope it will look like.



I'm making it out of a turquoise yarn hoping that this color could be for boy or girl as we don't know "mini's" gender yet. The yarn is a bamboo and wool mixture and is sooooo soft!

I'm also taking a "Tailoring" class at a community college nearby. I'm going to make a tailored jacket out of some beautiful houndstooth wool fabric I found in San Fran. This should be fun as I am trying to learn more on sewing so I can make my own woven garments one day.

I seem to be very good at being busy but not busy at finishing things!!!

2 comments:

knittingknirvana said...

Your weaving is beautiful! I am Allison's friend that was asking for your blog address. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

JOOOOOOOY! My heart stopped a little when I saw the picture of that sweet baby! Aaa! I mean, I know it's not yours - but it made me picture it all!
So exciting. You simply must post up pictures as you start to get your tum tum.
Good talking to you the other day!
Lovins
KH